Laser Skin Resurfacing
In Dublin, Ohio
Younger skin creates an abundance of collagen, this is the protein responsible for maintaining the firmness and youthfulness of skin. But as the skin ages, many factors, such as sun exposure, and pollution can cause the collagen to break down faster than it can be replenished.
Overtime, this results in a collagen deficiency, causing the skin to lose its smoothness and form skin discolorations, wrinkles, and deep lines. That’s why we offer the Tetra, the most advanced laser for skin resurfacing at Reclaim Medical Aesthetics and Wellness in Dublin, Ohio. This treatment stimulates the skin, encouraging it to build up its collagen reserves, resulting in more youthful looking skin.
Dublin Ohio Laser Treatments
These treatments can vary in depth depending on the client’s aesthetic goals. Our favorite treatment is the CoolPeel which is a shallow treatment targeting sunspots (can we have a link to a blog on sunspots) and fine lines—as well as refreshing tired-looking skin. Our Tetra laser can also address bigger concerns and treat beneath the dermal layer focusing on crow’s feet and deep wrinkles to improve the overall tone and texture of the skin.
At Reclaim Medical Aesthetics and Wellness, our providers know that everyone’s skin is different and has varying tolerances for heat, cold, and friction. Utilizing the safest, most customizable, and precise lasers on the market we can customize a treatment plan just for you giving you the results you want!
You are a good candidate for a Cool Peel laser treatment if you are looking to reduce the appearance of fine lines and sun damage, minimize pores and improve skin texture.
One of the main benefits of Cool Peel is that there is minimal downtime. You can expect to be a little red for a day or two but nothing to prevent you from returning to your busy day to day life!
We suggest treating the neck and chest just like you would your face, but you can generally get by with treating that area a little less often. A good rule of thumb? Purchase a three pack of sessions like most patients do, at one of those sessions opt to do not only your face, but treat your face, neck, chest, and hands. You will be happy you did.
Yes. A thorough consultation is necessary so our provider can learn about your skin, your skin needs, address and answer any questions or concerns you may have. Your consultation fee of $100 will be put towards your purchased package.
Laser skin resurfacing costs will vary from client to client, depending on the areas treated. We will provide you with a detailed quote at the time of your customized consultation.
Laser SKIN RESURFACING
If you’re one of many people who are bothered by their uneven skin texture—be it scars, wrinkles, enlarged pores, or stretch marks—the solution is easier than you’d think. It’s time to take the first step toward celebrating your skin.
Your CoolPeel treatment will deliver a fractional ablative treatment with minimal social downtime. You should expect to have red skin as if you have had a mild sunburn for a couple of days. Your skin may feel dry and rough as it heals, so it is important to keep it hydrated. Proper pre and post-care is an important part of the treatment and will help to ensure the best possible results.
- Avoid sun exposure for 4-6 weeks before and do not apply self-tanner for at least one week prior to treatment.
- Discontinue all products containing Retinol, Glycolic, Alpha/Beta Hydroxy Acids, and exfoliants for one week prior to treatment.
- Patients should be off Accutane for a minimum of 6 months prior to treatment.
- Please arrive at your appointment with clean skin.
- If prescribed, start anti-viral medication 1 day before treatment and continue as directed.
- Men should have a cleanly shaven face the night before or the morning of the procedure – without visible stubble.
- A sunburn sensation may linger for 12-24 hours after the procedure is completed.
- Keep a very thin layer of Aquaphor on as needed for up to 3 days post-procedure. Do not let the skin dry out.
- Avoid makeup and sunscreen for a minimum of 48 hours post-procedure. After this time, mineral makeup and sunscreen are recommended.
- Sleep with a clean pillowcase and head slightly elevated. Mild swelling may occur upon awakening for the first 48 hours post-treatment.
- Avoid applying ‘active’ ingredients to the skin for 1 week- this includes Benzoyl Peroxide, Salicylic Acid, Alpha-Hydroxy Acid (AHA), Beta-Hydroxy Acid (BHA), Retinol, Vitamin C, and Alcohol-based toners.
- Avoid direct sunlight for 48 hours after your treatment & wear 50 SPF sunscreen thereafter to protect the skin.
- You may resume retinol products 7 days after your procedure.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours after your treatment.
- Avoid hot tubs, saunas, and steam rooms for 1-week post-procedure.
- Use clean, disposable, breathable face masks for 72 hours after treatment.
- To reduce the risk of infection: new onset of redness, warmth, or swelling; whitish to yellowish film on the treated area, with or without foul odor; fever greater than 100.3 degrees Fahrenheit.
We cannot stress enough how important it is to protect your investment and to continue to improve your skin. At a minimum, no less than 30 SPF+ sunscreens, and .5 or greater retinol in your daily skincare routine. You can take advantage of a 10% discount on all products on the day of treatment.